I love the word Free. I have a family of four so going out for free puts a little pep in my step and makes my wallet smile. I also like the fact that everyone can invite a friend to keep them company without me having to break open the piggy bank. We cannot wait to check out some of these venues this month and so should you I believe you should make time to try new foods and since it is FREE...you have no excuse!
1. Downtown Phoenix Public Market Pick up some local produce, cheese, farm-fresh eggs, baked goods, brats, soups, salads, posole, or enchiladas. Wednesdays 4:00pm-8:00pm & Saturdays 8:00am-12:00pm 721 N. Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 602-493-5231 http://www.phoenixpublicmarket.com/
2. Food Club A vegan potluck and hang-out, where, according to the online flier, “No food goes to waste – eating will go on AS LONG AS IT HAS TO.” Please bring something if you are going to show up. They don't like it when you come empty handed. Tuesdays 8:00pm The Firehouse 1015 N. First St. Phoenix, AZ 602-300-7575 http://www.strivedreams.com
3. MACFest Weekly outdoors arts/cultural fest features art, food, live music, and more. Saturdays 10:00am-4:00pm Mesa Arts Center 1 E. Main St. Mesa, AZ 480-644-6500 http://www.mesaartscenter.com
4. Scottsdale Festival of Greece Greeks are known for their love of life, whether it's food, music, dance, or lively conversation. Explore the many facets of life in a Greek village. Fri., November 7, 11:00am-11:00pm, Sat., November 8, 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun., November 9, 11:00am-7:00pm Scottsdale Civic Center Mall 7380 E. Second St. Scottsdale, AZ 480-994-2787 http://www.azgreekfest.com
5. Veterans Day Weekend Pow Wow Arts/crafts vendors and traditional music and food. Sat., November 8, 10:00am-10:00pm ASU West 4701 W. Thunderbird(University Center Building) Glendale, AZ 480-543-5500 http://campus.asu.edu/west
6. 2nd Annual Pupusa Festival There will be Salvadoran food live music, games for the kids, entertainment for all and much more at this grand family oriented event. In addition there will be an exposition of photography and Salvadoran arts & crafts. Nov 9, 2008 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (Sunday) Faith Lutheran Church 801 East Camelback Road Phoenix, AZ 85014
7. HEARTH AND HOME ARE FOCUS OF HOLIDAY INSPIRATIONS 2008 FEATURING ROBB & STUCKY INTERIOR DESIGN TIPS AND MENU IDEAS FOR FOODIES Creating stunning home interiors for the holidays as well as seasonal buffet ideas designed to wow the most discriminating guests will highlight Holiday Inspirations 2008, a weekend of design and culinary clinics and demonstrations. Nov 15 & 16 2008 11:00 am to 4:00 pm Blackstone Country Club 12026 West Lone Mountain Parkway Peoria, AZ 85383
8. Second Fridays: "Taste of Main" This month's focus on neighborhoods foods. Fri., November 14, 6:00pm-10:00pm West Main St. area Mesa, AZ
9. ArtFest of Scottsdale Features over 200 contemporary artists along with "Book Street" an Arizona authors area, community partners, international foods, continuous live music, and an interactive kids' area. November 22, 10:00am-5:00pm, Sun., November 23, 10:00am-5:00pm Scottsdale Civic Center Mall 7380 E. Second St. Scottsdale, AZ 480-994-2787 http://www.888artfest.com/
10. Peoria Stadium Fall Arts & Crafts Festival Exhibits, food, and a Kiddie Inflatable Zone for Foodies with families. Fri., November 21, 10:00am-5:00pm, Sat., November 22, 10:00am-5:00pm, Sun., November 23, 10:00am-5:00pm Peoria Sports Complex 16101 N. 83rd Ave. Peoria, AZ 623-878-4337
Please post a comment if you know of another Free Food Event that you would like to add to this list.