14.11.08

My chocolate stash

This morning I got this video from one of my good buddies in my email.




Yea it's a little on the cheesy side, but the lyrics really made me stop and think about the leftover Halloween candy I've been hording. Now there is a cookie jar filled with candy that I leave out on the table for the kids, hubby and guest, but I have my own hidden stash. I've taken the pleasure of sorting through all the sweet tarts and bubble gum to find the true treats..the chocolate.


I keep my stash of REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups , Hershey's bars and Twix stashed in the back of the freezer where no one will find them. Then when I am all alone in the wee hours of the morning, I fairly choose which I will devour next. The details I cannot share because my therapist warned that it may incriminate me later.


There has been a few times that my secret almost got out. It is hard to make excuses for why I spend so much time at the freezer.


“ I'm having my own personal summer and need to cool off”

“Just checking to see if the ice maker is still working”

“It's the easiest way I can tell I'm still breathing”



I know one day they will find out. Maybe it is time to tell the family by shooting my own video. Maybe I'll call it the Halloween 15. I'll just need help with the lyrics. Any thoughts?


3 comments:

Mark by Chocolate said...

Cute. Now you need to get Life by Chocolate. %-). Hey, how did you get this to work? I have not been able to get videos to play on blogspot.

Thanks.

Contessa said...

Youtube explains how to embed your video into your blog here
http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57788
-Contessa

Dana McCauley said...

Why spoil a good system? Keep your treats hidden and enjoy - if that's the biggest secret you have from your family then you are doing A-OK!